I am back at it again with another delicious recipe that won’t break the bank in terms of calories. I always say, make and enjoy delicious food and treats so you never feel deprived! When you use certain ingredients that are low in calories but high in volume you are still eating the same quantity but you can keep your nutrition in check. We have all heard that your nutrition is 80% of your results and it’s actually true!
Today I have for you a Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie recipe. I don’t know what it is about cookies but I just love them lol. This recipe is dairy and egg free and it can also be gluten free – just be sure to grab wheat/gluten free oats if you need to. Here are some of the ingredients you will need that are easy to find.
You can easily find these at your grocery store or scoop them out in bulk from Bulk Barn. Oats on their own are gluten-free but they are commonly processed in the same facility that may contain gluten. If you need your oats to be gluten free you will need to grab certified wheat-free oats (in Canada) or gluten-free oats (U.S.).
Pure Pumpkin & Chocolate Chips
You can find pure pumpkin in the baking section of your local grocery store. For this recipe make sure it is pure pumpkin and not “pumpkin pie filling” as you will be getting lots of extra sugar in the filling version and that means more calories. For the chocolate chips you can use your favourite but I really like the ones pictured above – they are dairy free. Enjoy Life is also another great company that makes dairy free chocolate chips.
Any natural nut butter of your choice will work, pick your favourite! Keep it natural if you can and without sugar. As mentioned above, when you have extra sugar added you add extra calories.
Okay so let’s get to it!
Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe makes 10 cookies.
– 3/4 cup (60g) quick oats
– 1/2 cup (70g) oat flour (finely blend up your oats until you reach have 1/2 cup)
– 1/3 cup (80g) pure pumpkin
– 1/4 cup stevia
– 1.5 tbsp (22.5g) nut butter of choice (I used natural PB)
– 2-3 tbsp water (I used 3)
– 3 tbsp (40 grams) Camino chocolate chips
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp cloves
– 1/8 tsp nutmeg
– pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add in wet ingredients and stir to form batter.
4. Form into balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down and flatten the balls slightly.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool before serving.
Macro Information (1 cookie): Protein 2.6g, Fat 3.6g, Carbs 12g
21DF Container Portion (1 cookie): 3/4 Yellow